Subject: Re: Stylewriter driver (was Re: xemacs printing)
To: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
From: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/02/1999 13:15:37
On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:

> > Sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but your note raises a question
> > from me:
> >
> > Did you have any trouble compiling Monroe's lpstyl driver?  Or is that the
> > one you're talking about?
>   Yes, that is the one.  I oringinally installed it on NetBSD 1.3.2.
> I'll try compiling it again. I don't remember having any problems
> compiling it.

  I'm having trouble compiling lpstyl.c this time also.  Below is the message
that I get.

# g++ lpstyl.c
lpstyl.c:151: warning: deprecated symbol "unix" is no longer predefined
lpstyl.c: In function `int main(int, char **)':
lpstyl.c:321: warning: implicit declaration of function `int getlogin(...)'
lpstyl.c:321: warning: assignment to `char *' from `int' lacks a cast
lpstyl.c:324: `SIGUSR1' undeclared (first use this function)
lpstyl.c:324: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
lpstyl.c:324: for each function it appears in.)
lpstyl.c:324: warning: implicit declaration of function `int signal(...)'
lpstyl.c:327: `SIGTERM' undeclared (first use this function)
lpstyl.c:328: `SIGHUP' undeclared (first use this function)
lpstyl.c:329: `SIGINT' undeclared (first use this function)
lpstyl.c:332: warning: implicit declaration of function `int getopt(...)'
lpstyl.c:340: `optarg' undeclared (first use this function)
lpstyl.c:340: `O_RDWR' undeclared (first use this function)
lpstyl.c:340: warning: implicit declaration of function `int open(...)'
lpstyl.c:348: warning: implicit declaration of function `int dup2(...)'
lpstyl.c:367: confused by earlier errors, bailing out

Also I have a question about printing a man page with this driver.
This works well if I want to print a man page:

groff -mandoc  /usr/share/man/man1/who.1 | lpr -Pstylps

But this command:

man who | groff -mandoc | lpr -Pstylps

 kind of double prints the bold face text.
 DDEESSCCRRIIPPTTIIOON like that for "DESCRIPTION"
But the letters are overlapped.

How can I make it print the man pages correctly with the
second comand?  I don't want to have to specify the path name
of the man page every time I have to print a man page.

  Thanks,
	Guy

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, 50 MHZ, NetBSD 1.4!
South Korea