Subject: Re: package source
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/01/1999 02:14:42
>How do I get access to the pkgsrc system without my NetBSD system being
>connected to the internet?
>
>I have a MacIIcx running NetBSD 1.3.3 and want to use the devel/mit-pthreads
>package, so I expect
>to compile the source code myself, however, how do I actually get the source
>code?
>Looking at the ftp sites I can't actually find anything that looks like a
>tar of the source or a directory of the source.
>I have found the original mit-pthreads tar but this does not contain the
>required m68k patches.

make fetch-list

will give you a list of files that it needs with all the download locations
it knows about. When I do that on my alpha, I get <<with my comments>>:
/bin/mkdir -p /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles/
<<if there already isn't a directory for the files, make one>>
cd /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles/ && [ -f pthreads-1_60_beta6.tar.gz -o -f
pthreads-1_60
_beta6.tar.gz ]
<<check for the file to exist already>>
|| /usr/bin/ftp ftp://sipb.mit.edu/pub/pthreads/pthreads-1_60_beta6.tar.gz
|| /usr/bin/ftp ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/distfiles/p
threads-1_60_beta6.tar.gz  || /usr/bin/ftp
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/dis
tfiles/pthreads-1_60_beta6.tar.gz
<<download it from one of these sites if it's not there>>
 || /bin/echo pthreads-1_60_beta6.tar.gz not fetched
<<if all sites failed, b*tch to the user>>

>My only access to the Net is via another powerpc mac, and can happily email
>and ftp, then send the stuff via an ethernet link to the NetBSD Mac.

Just get the stuff that it wants & put the (still-compressed) files into
the /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles/ directory.

Hope this helps,
Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.