Subject: Re: ...
To: Ben Zeller <zeller@cif.rochester.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/1999 15:56:59
On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Ben Zeller wrote:

> To my knowledge a particular Macintosh model will play the same tones
> regardless of what the failure is.  Different models use different sounds
> -- the chimes of death are common in most 68k macs, first generation
> powermacs made a car crash noise, etc.

Not so. While you're right that car crash vs chime is generation
dependent, early macs did have different chimes for different errors. One
was hardware, there were two different memory chimes, and I think there
was a video one. I can't find it, but I had a program which would play the
different sad mac chimes.

Take care,

Bill