Subject: Re: email username and "From: "
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: None <robin5153@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/1999 14:47:23
On Sun, 29 Aug 1999 mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:
>

> > That "allow-changing-from"  seems to be missing from
> > pine 4.10.  I tried adding from to my custome headers,
> > but it has no effect it seems.  I guess I could change
> > my user name on this system and chown all my files to the
> > new name.
> >   I'll take a look for that "feature, too.  Thanks
> > for your help.
> >

> the allow-changing-from in pine 4.10 goes in the /usr/pkg/etc/pine.conf
> file.  Its entered as:
>
> feature-list=l-allow-changing-from
               ~~
What does the "l-" do in that item?  I thought that after
adding that "allow-changing-form" to the /usr/pkg/pine.conf
file, I might see it in the pine setup/configuration menu,
but It wasn't there.

  Thanks, I finally got it working the way I wanted it.
First I made the changes to the /etc/pine.conf.fixed file
by mistake. And that didn't work. Then I read the your letter
more carefully and saw that the file was /usr/pkg/etc/pine.conf.

Here is a summary of how to change the "From:" part of your
mail headers.

Edit .pinerc in your home directory like this:
# Only show these headers (by default) when composing messages
default-composer-hdrs=To:,