Subject: Re: email username and "From: "
To: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/29/1999 04:27:43
On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:

>   Is there anyway to change the "From:" address that pine puts in
> the email messages? I am having mail forwarded to my computer from
> yahoo.com. When I reply from my netbsd machine, pine puts
> my netbsd user name in the "From:" field.  How can I get it to
> put robin5153@yahoo.com in the"from:" field instead of using
> my netBSD username?

Manually add "allow-changing-from" to the feature-list in .pinerc,
then you can add 'From: Guy ...' to the customized headers. You must
already have a 'Reply-To:' there? There's also a new "roles" feature
in pine-4.10; I'm not sure how that works. Allow-changing-from has
been there for a long time, but documented only in the tech-notes.