Subject: Re: Partitioning&formatting...
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@mvista.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/24/1999 11:16:38
On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Mat=EDas Giovannini wrote:
>=20
> > > Alternatively, you can try to build pdisk
> > > <ftp://ftp.mklinux.apple.com/pub/wip/pdisk/980218/>,
> > > and see how that works.
> >=20
> > I tried, but I found many EXT2 dependencies I didn't wanted to work
> > around. Put it in another way, I tried compiling with -D__linux__, but
> > it didn't work. I tried pdisk on the MacOS side and everything went
> > fine, but still I wonder.
>=20
> Hmmm. Too bad. -D__linux__ is probably a bad idea, unless you're
> running Linux. We have an ext2fs filesystem, so that should not be a
> showstopper. I'll put porting this on my list of things to do.

You actually don't need to include that junk.  Pdisk doesn't care about
ext2fs, but it probably needed some general disk-related defines or types
and that was an easy way to get them.  There are some similar includes for
NetBSD, but I don't remember what they are.  I used to have diffs
somewhere that got it to compile under NetBSD and work -- just some
changes of includes to similar equivalents and nuking a bunch that weren't
needed.  Oh, and the thing that gets options from the command line has (or
had, anyway) a problem with extended arguments, so you have to modify that
slightly for NetBSD.

Ah.  Here it is.

ftp://globegate.utm.edu/pub/NetBSD/pdisk

Should contain a (fairly old) binary and the source diffs for some version
(not sure which one).  I haven't tried compiling it under Linux to see if
I broke anything, so please feel free to rework the patches until they
make a little momre sense.  :-)

David