Subject: Re: gnu install
To: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/20/1999 13:56:23
On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:

> >On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:
> I suppose it might help if I stated my ultimate objective. I need
> assemblers for a nunber of microprocessors - e.g. the 6809.  There are no
> longer, alas, any available for the Mac, using the Mac OS. Rather than go
> over to the Evil Empire, I am looking for useful cross-assemblers in Unix.
> I suspect that gas might be one. But apparently just "installing"
> gnusrc.tgz doesn't get me gas, so I have been attempting to do whatever is
> needed.

It should get you gas, just not necessarily the one you want. See below.

> [snip]
> >Don't. The only reason to make stuff out of here is to build
> >cross-compilers.
> >

> Hmm. By cross-compilers you mean compilers-for-NetBSD-on-other-platforms?
> That's not the kind I'm looking for, of course!

Yes, or cross-compilers from one NetBSD to another.

Our gnu/dist is not the full gnu dist, just the parts we need. The extra
was trimmed to save space.

I'd suggest you just download egcs or gcc, and binutils. gas is in there.
And try that.

Take care,

Bill