Subject: Disk problems with 540
To: 'port-mac68k@netbsd.org' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Claxton Devin-EDC022 <Devin_Claxton-EDC022@email.mot.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/20/1999 09:37:04
I have been successful booting a 540 with the SBC kernel.  My girlfriend was
disappointed.

The recommended phoenix kernel won't work for some reason.  Anyway, I would
like to ask about a problem I've been having.  It appears that there are
many disk errors, and whenever the disk is accessed, the kernel will spew
out messages about how it "Recovered from error" and lots of other pretty
verbose output I can't understand.  fsck found one error with free space
being the wrong size or something, but even when it doesn't find any errors,
these problems still occur.  Does anyone have an idea of whats going wrong
here?  Should I mkfs with different specs for the disk?  It didn't seem to
me like this was an 040 issue.

Thanks for helping me out.  I'm pretty determined to get a working BSD
system here!