Subject: Re: Incorrect date
To: Christopher P. Gill <cpg@scs.howard.edu>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/19/1999 05:06:02
On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Christopher P. Gill wrote:

> Just for reference, my system (Quadra 800 40/500+520, GENERIC kernel,
> NetBSD 1.4) doesn't seem to have this problem.  My system usually goes two
> or three weeks between reboots, and the most time I've seen it lose (from
> logging in remotely and comparing it against my SPARCstation 10 at work)
> is two or three minutes over that many weeks.  It doesn't work too hard
> (the monitor is usually off, I remote login and do some compiling or
> network access, experiment with some stuff, etc., and I'm going to take
> another shot at getting IPNAT working), so perhaps that's the reason why.
> In any case, I haven't personally detected a problem yet.

Yes, of course; it only loses time under load. I have a Quadra 840AV,
using the color Xserver, and running make's all the time. While making
teTeX it lost about an hour just this one afternoon.

Allen Briggs reported experimenting with turning off dma and
re-ordering the interrupt priority for the 840AV. Did that ever make
it into -current?