Subject: Re: Compile Question
To: None <cruller@unicom.net>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/18/1999 18:21:07
>hola,
>
>I'm trying to compile a port scanner on netbsd 1.3.2 to test for holes
>in my security.  When I complile I get these errors.

My first advice would be to check out /usr/pkgsrc/net/nmap/

Nmap is in the package system, and is a great network host scanner. Also
available is the un*x equivalent of AG Group's EtherPeek, called Etherreal.

>generic include file.  Do I have that right? The permissions on these
>files are like this:
>c-----S---   1 768   1792    208, 0 Nov 10  2019 time.h
>              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^<----this is puzzling

Hmm, odd. I've got
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  5781 May 07 23:44 /usr/include/time.h
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel   6198 May 07 23:54 /usr/include/sys/time.h

>This could conceivebley be a damaged file system. I reacently had to
>fsck -y on it and load in the sbc kernel.  There was a whole bunch of
>scrolling/removing going on. I think it removed the man 5 subdirectory
>`cause man gcc doesn't return anything.
>
>Maybe i need to reinstall comp.tgz & man.tgz or everything.

I'd definitely go for a reinstall. It looks like you definitely have file
corruption.

Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.