Subject: Problems with 540
To: 'port-mac68k@netbsd.org' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Claxton Devin-EDC022 <Devin_Claxton-EDC022@email.mot.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/18/1999 14:16:05
I was expecting problems to occur with my 68LC040 540, but, from the
information available on your site and others', I at least expected to be
able to boot into a shell in single user mode.  Instead the boot hangs after
the line "sd0a dumps on sd0b".  Normally I can drop into the debugger just
fine, but the keyboard won't work.  On only one occasion was I able to
actually use the keyboard and thus the debugger (I'm not sure why), and see
that the boot was apparently in an "Idle" loop.  Is this normal?  Perhaps
I'm missing a step, but I believe I've followed the install/boot directions
exactly.  My system is a normal (40M swap, 320M Root&Usr, 12M ram)
configuration.  Do you have any insight into this problem?

Thanks
Devin Claxton

After August 27th, I will no longer be with Motorola.  Please send mail to
blackjag@aksi.net