Subject: Re: Incorrect date
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Eric Zylstra <ericz@dura.spc.uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/18/1999 10:34:57
>On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Eric Zylstra wrote:
>
> > I've tried following the instruction on the FAQ for setting the date
> > on my machine, but still it refuses to report time as anything
> > reasonable.
> >
><snip>
>
>This following should cover all the bases:
>
>1) Uncheck, save, recheck, save the checkbox in the Booter that says
>"automatically set .... date & time".
>
>2) Create the link to /etc/localtime:
>	cd /etc; ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Chicago localtime
>
>3) Either 'unset "TZ"' in your environment, or set it correctly to
>"America/Chicago":
>	export TZ='America/Chicago'
>
>With "2" or "3", you should at least have the time reported as CDT.
>If it's still off, try setting it with "date", "date 0425" (if you're
>an early riser, otherwise "date 1625").

I thought NetBSD was supposed to get this info from the Booter.
Otherwise why is there an option to set the time and offset and to
select autoset?

I ended up with the correct time zone, wrong time, after executing
step 2.  By issuing "date <my current time>" I was able to set it.
It seems the time options in the Booter are useless.  Anyone know why?

Thanks for you help,

Eric