Subject: Re: How do I remove a file named "-Pstylps"
To: None <robin5153@yahoo.com>
From: Philip Stripling <philip@civex.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/16/1999 09:40:16
   Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 03:38:50 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>

   I have a file named -Pstylps in my home directory.
   I can't seem to get rid of the little @#&^!.
   I've used single quotes, double quotes, and the \.
   Does any one have any tricks to get rid of something
   like this.

I have those turn up occasionally from out of nowhere. I know there are
ways to escape the beginning dashes, spaces, and all those other magic
characters, but I can never remember how -- I use emacs, and I go to dired
and delete the file from there by typing a d on the line of the file to be
deleted, then x to execute the delete command. It's worked on every file I
haven't been able to delete otherwise.

Wonderful emacs.

Phil
philip@civex.com