Subject: make build
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/14/1999 12:30:24
I compiled (= make build) NetBSD1.4I(based on Aug.5th) from sources
for the first time the other day. I made a new custom kernel and
after that, I obtained other tarballs from pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current
/tar_files/src/*.tar.gz. They're unpacked into /usr/src and I login
as single user mode. After changing the directory /usr/src and type
"make build".
That's all...

It took "82" hours (3days and 10 hours). Can you believe that ?
I live in Japan and can go to The States and return here during
"82" hours. SIGH-SIGH-SIGH-SIGH-SIGH

I did make build every tarballs. But If I've already installed binaries
into /bin ,/usr/bin ,/sbin and  /usr/sbin, I don't have to install them,
I think.
Am I wrong ? Are there any other ways to save time to make build ?

Thanks.

LC520 (68030/25 with fpu) 36mb ram/160mb intenal & 1gb external HDD
---
Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>
NetBSD-1.4I (Based on Aug.5th)