Subject: Re: MacOS -> NetBSD on null modem?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Andy Finnell <andyf@vei.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/12/1999 12:34:46
Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > This is not correct.  10.0.0.0 is the network address, and you cannot
> > > assign it to a host.  Give your NetBSD box something like 10.0.0.1
> > > instead.
> >
> > Well, I still get the same result;  It just takes longer for it to
> > happen.  MacOS still says that that the host isn't responding.
>
> Do you have a nameserver running on the NetBSD box? If not, use the ip
> addr's that your ISP supplies.

No, I don't have nameserver on the NetBSD box.  And niether the Mac or
NetBSD are connected to the internet.  I have a hosts file for the MacOS
and one for the NetBSD box.  Do I *have* to be connected to the
internet? I can set that up, but that's not what I'm aiming for here.  I
just want the Mac and NetBSD box to communicate through telnet and ftp.

	-andy