Subject: Re: MacOS -> NetBSD on null modem?
To: NetBSD/mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Anderson <brucea@spacestar.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/12/1999 02:58:00
--Cyberdog-MixedBoundary-00332589

<SMALLER>Sory Andy.

I was using FreePPP on the classic because it  ran in 4MB.

Setting up FreePPP.

Create  a new account.

Under the  Options tab  enter domain name and primary DNS   for you
local net

Check the "Configure OT TCP/IP for this account" box

Check the " IP address Assigned by PPP server"  button

the serial line needs to be  8N1 so I made a Modem configuration

I called "raw 38400"

Connect to : modem Port

Port Speed: 38400

Flow control: None

Modem init string settings

select Use: ""   radio button</SMALLER><SMALLER>       (and cut all
text from the box)</SMALLER><SMALLER>

Then open   MacTCP  control panel    and select FreePPP

Did you setup /etc/ppp/pap-secrets   on the server??

On Wed, Aug 11, 1999 4:38 PM, </SMALLER>
--Cyberdog-MixedBoundary-00332589

bWFpbHRvOmFuZHlmQHZlaS5uZXQ=

<SMALLER> wrote:

>I setup my machine like you describe below.  I didn't have to change

>much seeing I basically already had that.  However, the same thing
still

>happens: they can ping each other, but TCP stuff doesn't work.  How
did

>you configure your Mac?  I once tried this before and got it to work
if

>both machines were Un*x boxes, but never if one was Un*x and one was

>MacOS.  Thanks,

>	-andy

  " Stamp out root login's .  .  .  . su "

    --Bruce Anderson Student DCTC

</SMALLER>
--Cyberdog-MixedBoundary-00332589--