Subject: Re: NetBSD and Battery Level tool?
To: None <schluntz@agames.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/12/1999 11:56:07
On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:03:26 -0700, "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@agames.com> wrote:

> >We don't currently have a counterpart to i386's apm support.

> Hmm, what do people using laptops do?  U know there must be a couple
> of you on this list and I'm curious to find out.  Since Unix in
> general does not like being just turned off :)

(Would fold lines at 72 chars or so?)

I can put my notebook PC to suspended state by "zzz" command or "apm
-z", then later just turn it on to resume.

However, that's not the case with the 68k PowerBooks.  Like I said, we
have currently no power management support for these guys, so you have
to use them as if they were a smaller desktop boxes.

Anybody's welcome to work on the PM support (hint, hint ;-)

Ken