Subject: Re: Proper console terminal setting
To: James Howard <howardjp@wam.umd.edu>
From: Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/11/1999 17:03:59
On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, James Howard wrote:

> > How does it fail? what are the error messages ?
>
> Unknown terminal type (the machine is next to my leg and not even
> connected to anything even itself, so I cannot look now).
>
> > Look in /usr/share/misc -- you may need to mount /usr to get it.
>
> Ahhh, I'll try this when I take it home tonight, is there anything in
> particular I need to know about it or can I just copy it over?

This sounds suspiciously like you forgot to install etc.tgz.  Also, once
you get those installed, if you like to login as root, tweak the shell
startup scripts to use vt100, this seems like a better setting than vt220
(but if you switch while logged in, you've got to clear the screen ^L or
clear will work).

- alex

Experience something different
With our new imported dolly