Subject: Re: Proper console terminal setting
To: James Howard <howardjp@wam.umd.edu>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/11/1999 21:55:33
On Wed, Aug 11, 1999 at 01:05:17PM -0400, James Howard wrote:
> I just inherited a Mac IIsi.  I have no serious experience on Macs of any
> type, but I made a go at NetBSD.  After several bogus goes, I finally got
> a booting system.  Now, I'd like to set up networking and for this I need
> vi, what terminal type should I use on the console?  I tried vt100, vt102,
> vt220, as well as several odd choices (pcvt, con) and none of them work.

How does it fail? what are the error messages ?

> I looked in etc and seem to have no termcap.  Could this be a problem?

Look in /usr/share/misc -- you may need to mount /usr to get it.

- Erik
tself, so I cannot look now). > Look in /usr/share/misc -- you may need to mount /usr to get it. Ahhh, I'll try this when I take it home tonight, is there anything in particular I need to know about it or can I just copy it over? Jamie