Subject: Re: package dependencies
To: Dave Schmitt <dschmi1@umbc.edu>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/10/1999 17:31:39
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Dave Schmitt wrote:

> I'm trying to install mysql from the pkgsrc and the mysql-client package is
> convinced it needs to install the perl-5.00404 package and is trying real
> hard to do so. However, I have my own non-package copy of perl (5.005_03)
> already installed and want mysql to recognize this. Where are these
> dependencies stored so that I may hunt it down and remove it? what follows
> is the make output up until the time it tries to download perl and I stop
> it. I see nothing in pkgsrc/databases/mysql-client/Makefile listing
> dependencies...

Comment out the line that says "USE_PERL5= yes". If you're really
adventurous, editing out the '--without-perl' part might get you a few
more perl goodies that won't be in your PLIST (or it might break!).

Here's a thought: currently, netbsd-users is hardly used, but it would
be the perfect place for package system questions, the idea being to
share information applicable to all users with users of other ports,
and to represent mac68k in the larger community at the same time.
;)