Subject: Re: Inverse Color XServer for Mac68k?
To: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@agames.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/10/1999 10:55:24
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Sean J. Schluntz wrote:

> Well, in most cases 4bpp would work for me, it just makes things
> like the web look really bad (though I have been using lynx more
> recently because of it's speed.)  Thanks for the tip, grayscale it
> is.

Lynx in an xterm is my favorite browser, too. For those sites that
are "designed" for Netscape and clones, I have
"EXTERNAL:http:netscape %s:TRUE" in lynx.cfg. (Just hit 'V .')

Does 4bpp work for you? I thought it was broken, so I hacked cfb4 out
for the binary I'm running now. ISRC, the X server refused to launch
on the 840AV with either 8-bit color or 16-bit any, but if 8-bit color
works for you, maybe 4-bit would, too.

> BTW, do you know how to map the mouse?  I'm running mwm and should
> be able to bring up a menu off of the desktop (I thought) but
> can't figure out the key combonation.

MWM indeed! With AfterStep you just click on the desktop with any
button and it opens some kind of menu. The first button gives you the
nested, configurable "start" menu. I've updated x11/afterstep-current
to 1.7.130 and uploaded the m68k binary package.

Honestly, if you can't find it in the man page, you might have better
luck asking in a wider forum, such as netbsd-users.