Subject: Re: Quadra 650 Color X question
To: Rehill, Conrad \(RMW\) <CRehill@rmgauges.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/10/1999 10:58:44
> Firstly, as mentioned above, I have a Quadra 650, and I also have a Radius
> 24XP Nubus video card in it.  I've read that this card is not supported;  it
> also (and more importantly) causes a conflict with the onboard ethernet
> which renders networking inoperable.

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/video.html describes how to track
down the information we need to clear interrupts on the video card so
that it won't cause conflicts with your built-in (or nubus) ethernet.

> 1) Is it presently possible to enable color-X support using the onboard
> video of a Quadra 650 ?

I don't believe so.  It should be possible to add support for this, and
someone's been working on it for quite a while.  It would be nice to get
his current work in the tree--even if it's not perfect (hint, hint).

> 5) And lastly, does anyone have any idea why I have a conflict between my
> onboard ethernet and the Radius card ?

I'm pretty sure that this is the Radius generating interrupts that we're
not clearing.  Apple's nubus interrupts are all wired together, so one
device holding an interrupt active will effectively lock out any other
interrupts.

-allen