Subject: Re: Does UNIX AppleTalk Router work with netbsd 1.4?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Nathan Raymond <nate@portents.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/09/1999 20:35:29
At 4:01 PM -0700 8/9/99, Bill Studenmund wrote:

>On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Nathan Raymond wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to get UAR 1.0.17 (the freeware version, part of CAP) to
> > work, and I'm not having any luck.  I'm using the source from
> > <ftp://munnari.oz.au/mac/uar.tar.Z>.  After compiling it and
> > configuring /usr/local/lib/cap/uar.conf for sn0 as a seed interface,
> > I try to run uar and get this:
> >
> > speedbump# /usr/local/cap/uar -l /tmp/uar.log sn0
> > Large BPF buffers in use (8192 bytes)
> >   UAR: failed to open sn0
> >
> > With an error message as descriptive as "failed to open sn0", I can't
> > really figure out where to go from here.  The Makefile mentions
> > netbsd support, so I was hoping all would be well.
>
>Do you have bpf support in your kernel?

I'm using the GENERIC kernel, haven't rolled my own; do I need to for
bpf support? (what is bpf?)

> > Anyone have any experience or suggestions with this?
>
>Not really. I gave up on CAP quite a while ago, and only use netatalk.

If it wasn't for my interest in routing AppleTalk across my IP-NAT
machine (effectively creating a new zone on my private network), I'd
be using netatalk.

--
nathan raymond
webmaster <a href="http://www.everythingmac.com">everythingmac.com</a>