Subject: Re: Inverse Color XServer for Mac68k?
To: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@agames.com>
From: Ryan Ordway <rimsky@rimsky.gstis.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/09/1999 04:52:48
	What bit depth are you trying to use? From what I recall 8-bit
color isn't quite supported, and the colors will look pretty funky. :-)
Also 24-bit may not be supported yet either... your only workable option
for now is 16-bit color and this isn't always easily obtainable on some
Macs' internal video. If you can get ahold of a Nubus video card capable
of driving 16-bit color that would be your best bet.

	Also, please format your mails to word wrap between 72-80
characters/line. Pine doesn't like long lines. :-)

	HTH,

	Ryan

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Sean J. Schluntz wrote:

> Hi, I have a strange problem.  I'm running the color Xserver from
ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/X/Xmac68k_color.tar.gz on the 1.4
Sonic kernel.  X and FVWM or tdw both come up just fine, but all of the
colors are reversed!

> It was strange, and very noticible if I try to pull up a web site.
Any ideas why I'm getting the reversed color?

--
   Ryan Ordway  *  NMC IP Technician  *  GST Whole Earth Networks
           Network Management Center (800) 622-4478