Subject: Re: newfs works (was Re: Ahhhh!!!)
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/08/1999 16:07:50
Allen Briggs  (briggs@ninthwonder.com) wrote:

>If someone has time, this would be a good thing to track down...
>I'd probably start by making a couple of small partitions--one with
>mkfs 1.45 on the mac-side (using fsck -c 3 under NetBSD to bring it
>up to fslevel 3), then making another with newfs,

Isn't there a possibility that the mac-side mkfs also has other bugs that
haven't been discovered?  It's based on a version of newfs from before
the days of 0.9 I think and I know there have been a lot of changes to
newfs since then.  I know I never pulled in any of the changes in newfs
when I started working on the mac-side mkfs years ago and I beleive I was
the last once to muck with that code.

-bob