Subject: Does UNIX AppleTalk Router work with netbsd 1.4?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Nathan Raymond <nate@portents.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/07/1999 19:11:52
I'm trying to get UAR 1.0.17 (the freeware version, part of CAP) to
work, and I'm not having any luck.  I'm using the source from
<ftp://munnari.oz.au/mac/uar.tar.Z>.  After compiling it and
configuring /usr/local/lib/cap/uar.conf for sn0 as a seed interface,
I try to run uar and get this:

speedbump# /usr/local/cap/uar -l /tmp/uar.log sn0
Large BPF buffers in use (8192 bytes)
  UAR: failed to open sn0

With an error message as descriptive as "failed to open sn0", I can't
really figure out where to go from here.  The Makefile mentions
netbsd support, so I was hoping all would be well.

Anyone have any experience or suggestions with this?
--
nathan raymond
webmaster <a href="http://www.everythingmac.com">everythingmac.com</a>