Subject: Re: xemacs-21.1.4 build problems on netbsd?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Nathan Raymond <nate@portents.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/07/1999 20:02:53
At 6:38 PM -0500 8/7/99, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

>On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Nathan Raymond wrote:
>
> > Encouraging comment, "Yes, this is somewhat bogus"!  Are they
> > kludging this?  This is where gcc craps out on me:
>
>Interestingly enough, that's one of the things that's patched out in
>the editors/xemacs package. All the netbsd-m68k-* ports should build
>identical binaries; there is no netbsd-hp* "architecture".

Interesting... that explains my problems.

>So, uh, why not try to build the package?

I've only installed pre-compiled packages, I really should look into
how to build packages myself.  If I want to customize the
configuration of something like xemacs, can I still do that if I'm
using packages or will I have to use someone else's config?

--
nathan raymond
webmaster <a href="http://www.everythingmac.com">everythingmac.com</a>