Subject: Re: Location of packages
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/07/1999 09:46:15

mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:
>put the addnerd-1.6.tgz file anywhere (don't extract it, just put it on
>the disk), and do
>
>pkg_add addnerd-1.6.tgz
>
>and the program pkg_add (which you found the source to in usr.sbin) will
>extract and register the installation.

Ok, I did that (cpin'd addnerd-1.6.tgz onto the disk under /)
and typed
pkg_add addnerd-1.6.tgz

and it replied:

pkg_add: Database-dir /var/db/pkg cannot be generated, aborting.

but I checked, and /var/db/pkg is there, but empty. I tried deleting pkg
and tried again, with the same result.

Dan Killoran

Got a device you would like to have run on the Mac? Call:
                 Daniel-the-Driver-Maker
      Fast service - accurate work - responsive support

         (Offer void wherever taxed or prohibited!)