Subject: Re: SCSI check?
To: None <nse@ruc.dk>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/06/1999 16:52:30
On Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:33:30 +0200, "Niels S. Eliasen" <nse@ruc.dk> wrote:
> 1. Is there any Un*x program that will allow me to test the
> SCSI-chain (espicially the termination is a bit of concern for me....)

Not that I know of.

> 2. There was a thread a while back about back-ups.... Do anyone knows
> whether the old MacDump will compile on NEtBSD 1.4 and in particular
> whether the "Dumper" and "Restore" utilities on the Mac ara capable
> of backing HFS+ partitions?

I have no knowledge of the said software.  However, you cannot
directly access MacOS partitions (whether HFS or HFS+) from NetBSD.
That is, there is currently no HFS or HFS+ filesystem layer for
NetBSD.  Of course, there are software packages that let you access
your MacOS partitions, but those do not work with the standard
dump/restore commands without first copying Mac files out to NetBSD
partitions.

> 3. Is there a PCNFSD pacakge for NetBSD ?(Can't find any... but
> that's probably just me overlooking some totally obvious package..;-)
> )

I believe PCNFS is an implementation of NFS that runs on PCs.  The
good news is NetBSD comes with NFS.  To use your NetBSD box as an NFS
server, you have to be running a kernel compiled with the NFS_SERVER
option enabled.  Check out http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k for
information on customizing and compiling your own kernel.  Also see
nfsd(8) for configuring NFS.

Ken