Subject: RE: What do they all do?
To: Neumann, Matthew C <Matthew.Neumann@Wichita.BOEING.com>
From: Michael Maciolek <mikem@ne.cohesive.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/05/1999 09:10:25
The UNIX in a Nutshell recommendation is a good one for UNIX novices
(and maybe even for advanced intermediates), but I interpreted Dr.
Killoran's inquiry a little differently - it seems to be a request for
information about the pkgsrc contents - and if that's indeed correct,
then here is the way to enlightenment:

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/README.html

This top-level document contains a list of various categories for all
the NetBSD package sources, and each category lists the individual
packages available, with a 1-line description of that package's
function.  (and if you download and install the pkgsrc tarball, you
get all the same browsable pkgsrc information right there on your
local NetBSD system!)

Regards,

- Michael Maciolek