Subject: What do they all do?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/05/1999 07:58:27
Here's a question I've always wondered about, with respect to UNIX
generally. As everybody knows, there are lots & LOTS of programs available
to do various things, but is there any general reference to what each of
them does? Sure, there are more general books on UNIX than you can shake a
stick at, but each of them only explains a few favorites.

To be specific, is there anything like a table-of-contents to, say, the
packages that we have for netbsd? Unfortunately, the habitual terseness of
Unix people makes the program names uninformative, and I notice that most
of them seem to lack a statement of purpose in the README.

Is anything like a "Users' Guide" available?

Thanks,

Dan Killoran

Got a device you would like to have run on the Mac? Call:
                 Daniel-the-Driver-Maker
      Fast service - accurate work - responsive support

         (Offer void wherever taxed or prohibited!)