Subject: Re: Ahhhh!!!
To: Grant Stockly <gussie@stockly.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/05/1999 01:01:02
Grant Stockly wrote:
> I just installed 1.4 on my Mac and I HOPE it has afew screws loose.

hopefully not, that might be messy ;-)

> Ok, I just made the disk and filesystems.  With nothing on any of the
> partitions /var, /home, or /usr its reporting strange numbers!
>
> Currently, there are no files on partition /home except the lost+found dir.
> It said 36% of 290MB is being used (96MB).
>
> Other things like /var using 364MB of the 800...
>
> Whats up with this?

known problem.  it should even be in the faq.  we have a small problem in
the disklabel code that no one has been able to find yet.  it seems to
create an additive effect when doing a 'du'.  so, the usage of any one
partition is the sum of it's own usage plus those partitions before it.
rather annoying, but someone will find the problem eventually :-(

> And btw, who do I talk to to start a port-sharc mailing list?

well, you can try core@netbsd.org, depending on what you want to do...

later.

colin