Subject: Re: IMAP setup
To: Eric Zylstra <ericz@dura.spc.uchicago.edu>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/03/1999 18:02:39
>I've installed imap-uw and it appears to be working with one
>exception. I can't seem to send mail to the machine.
>
>I can send myself an email and successfully receive it if I send it
>from the machine itself, but when I try sending a message to my
>account on that machine from another, it never goes through and I get
>no failure messages.
>
>I figure it is a simple configuration problem, but I'm pretty green
>as far as this stuff goes.

IMAP has nothing to do with the machine's ability to _receive_ mail from
other sources. That's sendmail's job. Make sure that sendmail's running and
listening on port 25.

Also, make sure that email is supposed to be going to your machine
according to MX records in your ISP's (work, school, whatever) DNS tables.

HTH
Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.