Subject: Re: quadra610 ipnat router?
To: Christopher P. Gill <cpg@scs.howard.edu>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/03/1999 18:08:50
>On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Michael G. Schabert wrote:
>
>> >How much is a nubus ethernet card for a quadra?
>>
>> You'll have to look around for that...as I doubt any have been made in the
>> last 3 years or so, retail cost is meaningless...
>
>The retail cost for a new 10Mbps NuBus Ethernet cards ranges from roughly
>$45.00 to up to $80.00 or so, depending on what you buy and where you get
>it from.  I just bought a used card from eBay for about $20.00, including
>shipping.  I'll be using it as the second network interface in my Quadra,
>trying to set up IP-NAT.  I'd gotten a Dayna card for free, but since it
>doesn't work with NetBSD, I had to spring for another one.

Yeah, my point was that since there are none being manufactured, all cards
are closeouts, so all pricing bets are off...that may be good or bad,
depending on the particular outlet. I bought a 10bT/BNC/AUI combo card for
my Mac SE (not /30) about 4 months ago for $5...brand new in original box,
still sealed (makes the SE a great NetBSD terminal for the living room ;-).
You may want to check out the standard classic Mac sites such as Shreve
Systems, Preowned Electronics, etc. and of course auction houses such as
ebay, OnSale, FairMarket, AuctionWarehouse.

HTH
Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.