Subject: Re: fstat: no such file or directory
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher P. Gill <cpg@scs.howard.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/02/1999 17:06:10
On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:

> >There is one Nubus card in it - a PAS16 sound card, which I wasn't
> >planning to use with NetBSD - I >wonder if that could be giving trouble? I
> >will take it out & see...
>
> No, that wasn't it - removing it had no effect.

I have one of those things in my Quadra 800, and it hasn't caused any
problems with NetBSD.  It would be nice if there were some kind of support
for the thing, but I suspect that I'd have to do it myself - and I don't
have the skills.  I have negligible Mac coding experience, and less doing
hardware interfacing.

Of course, the card had some timing problems with certain Mac hardware
(including mine), and the MIDI ports never did work right.  I wasn't happy
using the card as the output device for internal audio - it was better to
plug the audio out of the machine into one of the card's stereo inputs
instead of going through the bus.

Anyone think they'll be playing with this anytime?

"Don't die wondering..."                http://www.cldc.howard.edu/~cpg
                                              email: cpg@scs.howard.edu
chris out-              Christopher P. Gill
  peace.        C.L.D.C. Senior System Operator (Ret.)