Subject: Re: fstat: no such file or directory
To: None <ender@macbsd.com, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/01/1999 16:05:25
Colin Wood wrote:

>i believe that the INSTALL document and the FAQ mention both.  the kernel
>is installed in the normal way via the installer.  are you sure that you
>installed kern.tgz or kern_sbc.tgz from the binary/sets subdirectory?
>those are the kernel distribution sets.  if you also installed a kern*.gz
>file (like from the binary/kernel subdirectory), perhaps that's the
>problem.

Ah, here is the problem - I tried to install the kernel I found in
/binary/kernel in ADDITION to /binary/sets/kern.tar, and it isn't gz'ed.

My copy of INSTALL.ps does not specifically mention which sets MUST be
installed. It doesn't mention the kernel at all, so I just installed
"everything in sight".

Dan Killoran