Subject: Re: fstat: no such file or directory
To: Daniel R. Killoran Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/01/1999 11:28:05
Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:
> Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>
> >The installer menu only works with tar.gz files. Plain gzipped, or
> >even uncompressed kernels, can go in only via cpin.
>
> and Paul Goyette wrote:
>
> >Almost right - the SBC driver is the machine-independant driver, while
> >the NCR driver is the old, Mac-specific one!
>
> I think those statements should be added to the Boot instructions and/or
> the FAQ.
> In particular, the Boot instructions make no mention of how one is to
> install the kernel.

i believe that the INSTALL document and the FAQ mention both.  the kernel
is installed in the normal way via the installer.  are you sure that you
installed kern.tgz or kern_sbc.tgz from the binary/sets subdirectory?
those are the kernel distribution sets.  if you also installed a kern*.gz
file (like from the binary/kernel subdirectory), perhaps that's the
problem.

later.

colin