Subject: Re: fstat: no such file or directory
To: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/01/1999 09:30:22
On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:

> SBC is worth a try. So I tried it just now. Booting from a Mac copy still says
>
> root on sd1a dumps on sd1b
>
> but then it goes on to complete the boot!
>
> Confusing, because I thought that the choice between SBC and non-SBC
> depended on the chip used by the MOTHERBOARD, not the choice of drive!

Well I'll be. The difference between ncrscsi and esp, say, depends on
the choice of chip. sbc and ncrscsi are two different drivers for the
same chip. sbc is the old macbsd driver, kept around exactly because
the new Machine Independent ncrscsi driver just doesn't work well with
certain Mac-marketed drives.