Subject: Re: fstat: no such file or directory
To: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/01/1999 07:28:33
On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:

> Colin Wood wrote:
> >what kind of machine is this again?  what kind of hard drive?
>
> IIvx 68MB RAM Quantum Fireball 1020 internal (Mac) Quantum Fireball 1020
> external (NetBSD)
> Using internal video with a 13" Apple RGB monitor.

IIRC this is one of the hard drives specifically noted as having
problems with the ncrscsi driver. Have you tried an SBC kernel? I have
one of those dogs that I now trust only for a MacOS scratch partition.
From time to time it makes alarming noises, but it quiets down after a
while. Hasn't given up the ghost yet...

> There is one Nubus card in it - a PAS16 sound card, which I wasn't planning
> to use with NetBSD - I wonder if that could be giving trouble? I will take
> it out & see...

Worth a shot. If it's generating interrupts, that would be a bad thing.