Subject: Re: fstat: no such file or directory
To: None <ender@macbsd.com, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/01/1999 07:51:25
Colin Wood wrote:

>i don't think your kernel is hosed.  someone else has seen this exact same
>problem before.  i'm not quite sure why it is happening, but basically the
>scsi code is sending a command to your disk (in this case, it's telling it
>to not allow you to eject removable media ;-) and the disk is never
>responding, or at least if it does respond, we miss it.  either way, we
>never wake up, and that's why the machine hangs....

!!!???!!! I could hardly eject it - it's a Quantum Fireball 1020 FIXED disk!

>what kind of machine is this again?  what kind of hard drive?

IIvx 68MB RAM Quantum Fireball 1020 internal (Mac) Quantum Fireball 1020
external (NetBSD)
Using internal video with a 13" Apple RGB monitor.

There is one Nubus card in it - a PAS16 sound card, which I wasn't planning
to use with NetBSD - I wonder if that could be giving trouble? I will take
it out & see...

Thanks,

Dan Killoran

Got a device you would like to have run on the Mac? Call:
                 Daniel-the-Driver-Maker
      Fast service - accurate work - responsive support

         (Offer void wherever taxed or prohibited!)