Subject: Re: fstat: no such file or directory
To: Daniel R. Killoran Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/30/1999 14:24:36
Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:
> >On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:
> >
> >> cpout succeeded.
> >
> >> Boot stopped at:
> >>
> >> fpu0 at mainbus 0 (mc68882)
> >> boot device: sd1
> >> root on sd1a dumps on sd1b
> >> ...and hangs
> >
> >I wonder if you can break into the debugger at this point?
> >(Command-Power on Quadras, the Interrupt switch on older Macs)
> >Is so, from the "db>" prompt, try "ps", "t", "c".
> >

> Ok, I tried exactly what you suggested (above). I got
>
> Panic switch: PC is at 0x37c2
> Stopped at      _Debugger+0x6:	unlk  a6
> db> ps
> PID       PPID       PGRP       UID   S   FLAGS   COMMAND   WAIT
> 0          -1          0         0    3 0X20204    swapper   scsipi_
> db> t
>
> a whole lot of stuff, ending with:
>
> kernel program counter = 0x13022a
> kernel: MMU fault trap
> caught exception in ddb
> _main() + 39c
> _main() + 39c
> db>

ummm...unfortunately, it's the whole lot of stuff that's important.  that
last part is actually a bug in ddb that's fixed in -current ;-)  we need
to know what the machine was doing when it hung, and that's the part of
the stack trace that immediately follows the prompt when you type 't'...

later.

colin