Subject: Re: Macintosh Display Card
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/28/1999 19:50:21
At 11:20 AM -0400 7/28/99, Ryan Ordway wrote:
>At 3:21 AM -0700 7/28/99, e.cartwright@de.qiagen.com wrote:
>
>>And
>>by the way, is it possible to do colour on the internal video? There seem to
>>be conflicting claims as to whether you can or not in the documentation.
>
>	In X yes, with the OSFA X Server. On the console, not yet. I think
>this is still in the works, but I think Michael Zucca would be the person
>to ask about that. :-)

As Ken mentioned, you only get color with the OSFA server if the machine
does 16 bit mode.

The good news is that I'd like to get Toby 8 bit color support in. I have
some good example code to control the card and I think it will make a good
card as a basis for NuBus video card support.

Argh! If only I could get a spare moment!

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org - http://www.mdc.net/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill