Subject: Re: ADBisms..
To: None <ender@macbsd.com>
From: Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/28/1999 22:04:15
On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Colin Wood wrote:

> so my little LED routines actually work?  that's good to hear.  the reason
> why they're currently #ifdef'd out is that they were causing some
> interesting hangs on my system the last time i looked at it.  it didn't
> happen all the time, but sometimes it just wouldn't come back...yuck!

Well I managed to reliably hang my system with them.  Some spl frobing and
setting the "completion variable" to zero has solved most of the problems.
So far, this requires the true blue Mac ROM routines; weird things are
happening with the direct code.

> > Scroll Lock is over F14, and Num Lock over clear; should I even bother
> > with those?
>
> well, i wouldn't really bother, since i'm not too sure what the proper
> sequence is to even get scroll lock or numlock, even under macos.

Neither am I; *but* scroll lock is a rather useful thing under Unix,
perhaps this would be more useful with wscons.  Num Lock is just
pointless, because the number pad has no arrow markings on it.

> i'd really suggest that you wrap all the LED frobbing code with an
>
> 	if ((sc->origaddr == ADBADDR_KBD) && (sc->handler_id == ADB_EXTKBD)) {
> 	}
>
> otherwise you might wind up doing something a little screwy.

Ahh, and I figured I could get away with being extra lazy :^)

The way it's setup now, it seems like only a keyboard event could trigger
the LED frobbing code.

- alex

You better believe that marijuana can cause castration.  Just suppose your
girlfriend gets the munchies!