Subject: ADBisms..
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/28/1999 19:04:45
One of the things I noticed when I first tried out NetBSD, was that the
LEDs on my keyboard (Extended Keyboard II.. I *LOVE* this thing) wouldn't
really do anything under NetBSD.  So I sorta made it my mission to get
them to work.  'Course the majority of this was un ifdefing some code, and
properly initializing some variables.  And now, the caps lock LED truely
indicates whether caps lock is enabled..

I did a little further poking around and grabbed some keycodes for the
power switch and the other "lock" keys.  And the next step will be to prod
the current key state from the keyboard and set the LEDs accordingly (I
wish MacOS did this).  But this leaves a few questions.

Scroll Lock is over F14, and Num Lock over clear; should I even bother
with those?

I'm also looking for someone with a "standard" keyboard to test this, as
I'm curious how a non extended keyboard would react to the frobing of
register 2.

- alex who thinks USB is what ADB should have been

You wear guilt,
like shackles on your feet,
Like a halo in reverse
  - Depeche Mode