Subject: Macintosh Display Card
To: 'port-mac68k' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <e.cartwright@de.qiagen.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/28/1999 12:21:05
Dear all,

My IIci has a Nubus video card that NetBSD reports as being a "Macintosh
Display Card". My various attempts with video_lkm_combined.o or the 1.4
SLOTMAN kernel have failed to get colour working on either the internal
video or the card. The lkm, in combination with NetBSD 1.3.2, gives me funky
purple & yellow X-Windows -- the colour mapping is completely kaput. The
SLOTMAN kernel gives me a completely broken display -- when booting, for
example, the scrolling startup text is displayed at about 20x magnification.
Admittedly, it's a 1.4 kernel + the 1.3.2 base sets, but I know the vanilla
1.4 kernel will work with 1.3.2 base (apart from the ps problem).

Is my display card supported? Any other ideas as to what's going wrong? And
by the way, is it possible to do colour on the internal video? There seem to
be conflicting claims as to whether you can or not in the documentation.

Thanks for any help,

/ewen