Subject: Re: MacII -> MacIIfx
To: Riccardo Mottola <rmottola@spm.it>
From: Bradley R. Smith <brad5903@pobox.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/26/1999 11:58:45
According to http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/todo.html IIfx support
is a "to do" in the "fun" list which apparently means lots of work.
The hard part probably comes from the IO processor architecture. The
IO processor deals with the serial ports and ADB? What else?
If there's video support but no ADB support then I suppose you could
telnet to it. Assuming it will boot at all.
Doesn't the IIfx use some kind of special RAM? It's not the same as
the II RAM. Perhaps it's not hard to get these days.
I bought a Quadra 700 on sale for $79 from www.preowned.com (appears
to be broken at the moment; the website, not the Quadra) and it's
working great with 1.4.
How hard is it to order from the US from Italy? Where is the
difficulty? Is it just the shipping costs?