Subject: Re: virtual consoles?
To: Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
From: Bradley R. Smith <brad5903@pobox.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/26/1999 11:05:10
The default setting for the "term" variable is vt220. Set it to vt100
and the arrow keys should work correctly in vi.

Anyone now why the default is vt220 when the console appears to be
acting like vt100? I don't know much about terminal emulation but it
seems that arrow keys should work in vi out of the box.

On 7/25/99 at 16:48, garbanzo@hooked.net (Alex Zepeda) wrote:
> I've finally got NetBSD (1.4) up and running reasonably well
> (I sure wish that the userland ppp program was included with
> the base 'package').  But so far I've been unable to do three
> things:
>
> 1.) Get the arrow keys working with vi (I'm afraid of what
> emacs will do to this poor system :^)).
;dt". > > Heh, the one place I forgot to look, thanks :^) > > - alex > >