Subject: Re: darwin
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@mvista.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/25/1999 20:48:27
On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Ken Nakata wrote:

> Forgive me for asking such a rudimentary question, but wtf is darwin?

That's Apple's latest Open Source OS.  It's a BSD'ish thing, on Mach 2.5.
Really lousy looking code.  I'm amazed it works.  When they upgrade to
Mach 3 (the _real_ OS X underpinnings), the code quality should improve
markedly. :-)

David
nstallation to compile. Recent releases should be, or are getting close to, self-hosting and installable. Again, http://publicsource.apple.com for more info. -- Chris Brown -- Macintosh networking/Web development <chrsbrwn@mindspring.com> <http://www.mindspring.com/~chrsbrwn> This message was sent from a IIci running NetBSD-Mac68k