Subject: newbie and libs
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Colomb <amcolomb@students.wisc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/25/1999 00:56:29
	I'm a complete newbie to Netbsd and only have a little experience
with UNIX like OS's.  I just installed 1.4 along with X, Apache and Mosaic.
I wanted to view the documentation for Apache using mosiac, but everytime I
tried running mosaic it would ay that libpng1.1.lib (or something similar)
couldn't be found.  I assumed that the appropriate files would be included
in the mosaic tar file, but I guess I'm mistaken.  I'm also using the
Macintosh installer app.  I searched everywhere and couldn't find it on the
drive so obviuosly it wasn't installed.  This also happens with some X
programs I installed in a similar fashion excpet they are looking for a
different library.  Again, I searched the drive and couldn't find the
library in question.  How come I'm missing these libraries and how to I get
them in the correct place.  Thank you

Alex Colomb