Subject: Re: _KERNEL cpp symbol in kernel source
To: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/24/1999 09:01:42
> 	It will be more like implementing a brand new Booter and
> Installer, though I suspect that laziness and common sense will
> cause me to re-use some of the existing.

That's been needing doing for a long time.  The original installer was
written in a little more than a weekend and is a hack and a half.  If
you have any questions about the early code, feel free to ask--I might
remember something about it...  :-)

Ever since, say, NetBSD 0.9, I've been wanting to have some way to read
files off a MacOS disk and install from within a running NetBSD...  It's
great, though, that folks are working on sysinst anyway, because I think
there are a great many macs that have ethernet and/or CD-ROM drives.

-allen